Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mid-Week Check In

I'm on my way to bed on Wednesday night. I love Wednesday nights – because after my shift on Thursdays I'm off for four days.

This week we're expecting a bit of a storm coming in tomorrow night, so I'm making a list and checking it twice – oh wait, no that's not it – I'm making a list of groceries so that I can make sure I don't have to leave the hours for four days. Not everybody's idea of a great way to spend four days off – but it is heaven to me. I spend three days managing The UPS Store in town, three days working on eBay for consignment customers – and one day for laundry and dishes. The least amount of time I have to spend shopping or running errands, the better.

I'm trying Jayne's plum cake this weekend – hard to believe I'm baking anything, let alone a plum cake. It sounds so charmingly English. Which makes sense since Jayne is English and this was her recipe.

I've known Jayne for, what – seven years now? She's part of a group of mostly women in an email group we put together way back then when we all first started learning about eBay. It has been a source of encouragement, sympathy, friendship and camaraderie that I would never have expected to occur among people who have never met. We've gone through births and deaths, illnesses, successes, we know about each other's children's accomplishments and challenges, I know whenever I have a sick pet I go to them first and when I'm planning the method for my husband's execution I use them to vent to. Hubby has no idea how many times he's come 'this close' to death. BTW, up at the top of this page under the LINKS tab you can find a link to Jayne's blog and scroll back a few days and see the plum cake recipe.

However, I may regret showing Hubby the photo on Jayne's blog of the plum cake. But, it's worth a try, I figure. As he always says – that's what we have dogs for. I can try any recipe and if he won't eat it (and he really will eat just about anything) the dogs will. So with the bar lowered I now feel comfortable making plum cake – I'll let you know how it turns out.


Have a good rest of the week.

3 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I love Jayne's blog! I think she and I probably started about the same time. I know she was one of the first blogs I found (and I still don't know HOW I found it!lol). I saw her plum cake recipe, too. But I know my limitations. I'm better suited to EATING than I am COOKING!

Country Cottage Chic said...

So, Jacki.....I'm dying to know....did you make it??

MaggieDoodle said...

I heard the plum cake was a big hit with Gil! :-)