Monday, July 23, 2007

Will somebody please cool this place down a little?

This won't be the last time I mention how hot it is in the desert.


During the summer I am inordinarily (is that the right word?) obsessed with the heat. I hate the heat -- the only reason we moved out here is because we had more dogs & cats than common sense and we needed room for them. I don't think we had any idea how hot HOT was until we got here. I was used to 80's and even to 90's. I had no idea how irritable I would be living in 100+ weather for upwards of three months a year.


So today it's HOT, the thermometer only reads 100, but it's humid. Inside temperature was the same as outside. We only have a swamp cooler and when it's humid, it doesn't do any good at all. There's another thing I knew nothing about -- swamp coolers. I never checked the humidity level before either -- I didn't care, I had an air conditioner. Now my day depends completely on that silly little humidity number.


I can't for the life of myself get anything accomplished during these humid spells -- I know, I know -- I'm a whiner. I am -- during the summer. Now come winter -- I'm happy as a clam -- clear, beautiful, 70's day in & day out. Even when it gets cold I try never to complain -- I save that all for the summer!


I have no cute ending to this blog -- almost as hard as getting started is ending a blog. I'd like to have something humerous or a moral to the story -- but I'm just going to go back to sweating -- Be sure to share your weather in my comment section.

0 comments: