Sunday, May 27, 2007

WOW, DSL IS AMAZING!

Well after almost a week on DSL, I am duly impressed. If someone tells me I have to go back to dial-up next week I swear I will just sit down and cry.

It's taken some adjusting. I've gotten so used to dial-up that I click to do something and then get up to get something, do something, whatever -- knowing that it will take 'x' number of minutes for the task to be accomplished online. Now -- wow, can't even do anything else - it's instant. WHAT A CONCEPT!

So, I've been visiting pogo.com -- relearned Canasta. So much fun. In addition I haven't had working speakers or soundboard for a year -- no need since there isn't anything I could really do with them. Now I can hear all kinds of stuff!

That brings me to youtube.com. My goodness -- that's dangerously addictive. Of course I'm so nerdy and boring that I don't look at anything of the really weird stuff I've heard is out there -- I put together a playlist of performers singing MAMBO ITALIANO. Now, does that prove my previous point about being nerdy and boring or what? But two of my favorite singers of all time are Dean Martin and Rosemary Clooney and they each have a great rendition of this songs that I just love to listen to. Since I'm not ipod ready -- it's nice having it on the computer to queue up any time I want to.

Now I've seen others link a youtube video to the blog post, but that is definately for another day. For today, I've got another post under my belt. I doubt anyone is reading them yet. But, writing is first, reading is second. Am I writing to be read -- or just to write? Don't know yet.

This blog is definately a work in progress.

0 comments: