Monday, November 5, 2007

Time flies when you're having . . . . marriage

This time twenty five years ago I was at my folk's house, getting ready to get married the next day. As much as my family believed that you marry once, forever -- I'm not sure how many of us thought I'd still be married twenty five years later. And there are days I'm not sure why we are -- but probably because there hasn't been time to do anything else but stay married. Seems there has always been some low level or high level crisis going on with us -- plus we had all the furkids, and neither of us wanted custody of all of them by ourselves. Or I guess it could be because no matter how irritated we get with each other -- we do down deep love each other, and are still -- after all these years -- friends who trust each other.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to be married.

Remind me of that next time I blog about what a knucklehead he is, would you?

2 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

Congratulations to you both Jacki - you must be doing something right!

MaggieDoodle said...

For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. - Bill Cosby