Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thar She Blows!

 

This is what it looks like when you live in a place surrounded by dirt! We are awaiting development of tons of new expensive houses turning our rural horse area into a city I guess -- oh joy -- but in the meantime we have empty fields of dirt. And today we're having winds of 45mph and they are predicting they could go as high as 80mph.

We live in a very old mobil home -- built the year I graduated from high school, so it's really old --- and it is not exactly well insulated. So we're eating dirt a lot today -- inhaling dirt -- and the window sills are covered with dirt, it's coming in from every corners, every window, every door.

We let Serena go on Friday - probably good timing since I'm not sure she'd have kept her balance outside with this windstorm. She was brave to the end, she died with her head in my lap while the tech gave her the last shot -- well, not the last shot. As it turned out, her heart just kept beating, they ended up having to give her more. Without the cancer, I swear her heart would have gone on for another decade. She's left such an empty spot here -- we still have five dogs, which to most people would seem like a lot, but Serena was a large presence, and she sure is missed. I trust she's made it to Rainbow Bridge and met up with Tora, Flash, Dulce, Muddy and the rest. When we get there, we'll be bowled over by dogs -- can't wait!!!!! (Well, I can wait until it's my time -- but you know what I mean -- I look forward to seeing my furkids again).

Here's hoping we don't wake up in Kansas tomorrow morning -- not that Kansas isn't a lovely place, one of my favorite people live there -- but . . . This place is not my favorite place I've ever lived, but it's home for now, and I'd rather keep it in one piece.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Iris said...

Jacki - I'm so sorry about Serena, I know how difficult it was... but she had a wonderful, loving Mom with you and I'm sure she appreciated it. I know it was time - she's up there frolicking now!!!

MaggieDoodle said...

I'm so sorry about Serena, Jacki. You did all you could for her -- she was so loved and cared for. I've often wondered if there's ever a "Dock Pets" gathering at the Rainbow Bridge! If so, I know she was welcomed.

thisthatandblog said...

If there is a Dock Pets area -- that's where I want to end up! Thanks Maggie and Iris.

Country Cottage Chic said...

Whoa that's some wind! Glad to know that you are all ok & again, I'm so sorry about dear little Serena.